Thursday, August 9, 2012
Morning Links for August 9th
Good morning! Here are some links to get your Wednesday going!
1) Urban Meyer says that he is going to be a more relaxed coach this time around at Ohio State.
2) ESPN continues their preseason power poll with #15-11 today.
3) NCAA has yet to say anything about the scandal at North Carolina. The school had severe academic fraud going with their athletes that led to an NCAA investigation but nothing has come of it yet.
4) West Virginia and head coach Dana Holgorsen have agreed to a six-year extension that will have him earning $2.3 million this year and raises in increments over the remainder of the contract.
5) Dennis Dodd says that Montee Ball better be honest with the police over his assault because Wisconsin's BCS hopes rest on his shoulders.
6) Chip Patterson previews the ACC and talks about the need for a big win on the national stage.
7) Michigan's offensive coordinator Al Borges plans to have the next man up philosophy with their running back after the suspension of Fitzgerald Toussaint.
8) FSU freshman running back Mario Pender will miss the 2012 season with a groin injury that will require surgery.
9) The Big East is looking at the Pac 12 Deputy Commissioner for their vacant commissioner position.
10) Several Colorado players were involved with an air gun fight that ended with the police pulling them over and holding them at gun point. The fall out has linebacker Jermaine Clark kicked off the team and receivers Jeffrey Thomas and DeVaughn Thornton were suspended for the first two games.
11) Silas Redd is fitting in well at USC despite only being their for two practices. Matt Barkley has said that USC is ratcheting up the intensity of practices recently since they have a postseason to play for.
12) Everett Golson and Andrew Hendrix have emerged as the competitors for the vacant Notre Dame quarterback position.
13) Ohio State is using a lot of their younger players in their one and two deep according to Urban Meyer.
14) Holly Anderson looks at the ten biggest holes to fill this year in college football.
15) Stewart Mandel does his first college football mailbag of the season and says Bama and LSU could flip flop with an Alabama win.
16) Fox Sports looks at the biggest quarterback replacements this year for college football.
17) Fox Sports continues their preseason countdown with #3 Oregon.
18) Missouri coach Gary Pinkel kicked out some coeds from Faurot Field who were running stairs fearing they would distract the team during practice.
19) The quarterback battle continues at Florida and Robbie Andreu ponders what happens when they finally name a starter.
20) Georgia had their first scrimmage yesterday and here are the stats from it .
21) Kentucky's freshman punter Landon Foster is in a battle for the starting job and Jennifer Smith profiles him.
22) Sal Sunseri has started comparing some of the Tennessee linebackers he has inherited are, "Alabama like," linebackers.
23) Vanderbilt's advantage on kickoff coverage may be negated by the new kickoff rules.
24) South Carolina defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles looks to step up his defensive production on the pass rush.
25) Matt Scalici has a great podcast on the first week of Auburn practice and the Alabama defensive competitions.
26) Charles Goldberg attended the Auburn scrimmage and still doesn't know who the starting quarterback is going to be.
27) Alabama offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio is fully healed and looking to have a big impact on the offensive line.
28) Ole Miss is looking to two JUCO transfers to help make their defense better.
29) Mississippi State will play several freshmen this year that will hopefully help the Bulldogs contend in the West.
30) Texas A&M linebacker Jonathan Stewart says he and his fellow linebackers are ready for the SEC competition.
31) LSU assistant coach Steve Kragthorpe talks about his battle with Parkinson's Disease and his second year of coaching with this disease.
32) The Arkansas News has four notes for you from Arkansas' preseason camp in their four downs section.