Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Morning Links for August 8th
Good morning! Here are some links to get your morning started and a link to my conference preview for the Pac 12.
1) Former Penn State players are appealing to the NCAA to try and reverse the sanctions against the university.
2) Penn State has lost two of their top recruits since the sanctions have come down.
3) Penn State has decided to make some subtle changes to the uniforms for this upcoming season.
4) ESPN is doing their preseason top 25 and list teams 25-16 today.
5) Bruce Feldman previews the Pac 12 and says Oregon and USC still rule the roost.
6) Dennis Dodd looks at the progress the Pac 12 has made under new commissioner Larry Scott and asks, "Does the Pac 12 want to be the SEC or beat the SEC?"
7) Tony Barnhart interviewed Marcus Lattimore and the running back is itching to get back on the playing field.
8) Bovada has listed the over/under for college football team wins for several of the big schools and whether or not they'll be in a BCS Bowl.
9) Mike Huguenin continues on counting down the 124 FBS schools with #10 Wisconsin and #9 FSU.
10) South Carolina backup quarterback Tanner McEvoy has decided to transfer after his arrest in North Carolina.
11) Sports Illustrated looks at some programs that could become the next Boise State.
12) Urban Meyer addressed the media and said that the Buckeyes won't settle for average this year.
13) Landry Jones is looking to lead Oklahoma to glory this year and have another excellent year.
14) Injured Duke Receiver Blair Holliday spoke with the coaching staff via phone Tuesday. Holliday is recovering from a jet ski accident on July 4th that gave him a traumatic brain injury.
15) Dorial Green-Beckham is trying to stay humble in the spotlight for the Missouri Tigers.
16) Jon Halapio is taking on the leadership role for the Florida offense this year. This honor was given to him by head coach Will Muschamp.
17) Jarvis Jones wants to seize the moment this year for the Georgia Bulldogs.
18) Steve Spurrier looks to move Jedeveon Clowney all over the field this year.
19) 8 fifth-year seniors want to become the building blocks for Tennessee's future success.
20) Kentucky's freshmen wide receivers are catching on quickly and impressing head coach Joker Phillips.
21) Vanderbilt head coach James Franklin was not happy with his team's first full-pad practice on Tuesday.
22) Auburn's wide receivers are on the learning curve as they adapt to Scot Loeffler's offense.
23) Alabama's secondary is getting special attention from head coach Nick Saban as they try to match last year's successful group.
24) Ole Miss freshman defensive lineman Temario Strong was granted clearance by the NCAA Clearinghouse and can begin practicing with the team yesterday.
25) Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen recognizes that to be competitive in the SEC, you need to have great offensive and defensive lines.
26) Texas A&M freshman center Mike Matthews looks to join his brother Jake on the Aggie offensive line.
27) LSU had media day yesterday and the Honey Badger laid low.
28) Arkansas had their first scrimmage yesterday and Tyler Wilson and the passing offense looked very good.