Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Morning Links for August 7th
Good morning! Here are some links to get your morning started plus a link to my SEC West preview of Ole Miss from yesterday.
1) The Penn State Board of Trustees are filing an appeal with the NCAA saying that their president could not sign the consent decree without the board's approval.
2) Silas Redd had his first practice with USC Monday and he said that his time at Penn State was great but he's a Trojan now.
3) Oklahoma has lost another starting offensive lineman as guard Tyler Evans has torn his ACL.
4) Ole Miss' Rover Charles Sawyer will be out 4-6 weeks with a torn quad.
5) Tony Barnhart has the top ten story lines entering the 2012 college football season.
6) Chris Huston looks at the ten leading Heisman candidates as we start the 2012 season. Huston also says that due to Sammy Watkins' suspension, he is all but out of the Heisman race.
7) Dennis Dodd previews the Big XII and wants people to not sleep on Oklahoma.
8) Wisconsin is hoping that running back Montee Ball will be ready for the opener September 1st against Northern Iowa.
9) Maryland unveiled their uniforms for the 2012 season. Wisconsin also unveiled their special uniforms for the Nebraska game. Wisconsin will have the W uniform while Nebraska will have the N uniform.
10) Matt Hinton is previewing the contenders for the BCS this year and starts with Alabama.
11) Mike Huguenin continues his preseason countdown of all 124 FBS teams with #11 Arkansas.
12) Eric Adelson was at the first Penn State practice and Head Coach Bill O'Brien said that his team's first responsibility is to the children.
13) Michigan's head coach Brady Hoke has not given a timetable for the return of running back Fitzgerald Toussaint and defensive end Frank Clark.
14) Doug Nussmeier is fitting in nicely at Alabama according to John Zenor.
15) Stewart Mandel takes a look at Joe Tessitore and his knack for crazy finishes happening during his broadcast.
16) Andy Staples takes a look at how television has sparked change in college football.
17) Steve Eubanks ranks the best five stadiums in the SEC.
18) Will Muschamp likes the Gators' chemistry as they continue practicing.
19) Georgia had their first full pads practice yesterday and had their first issue of their injury/illness report.
20) Kentucky has returned more than 2,000 tickets for the Governor's Cup game at Louisville.
21) Tennessee offensive tackle Antonio Richardson looks to be the next great left tackle.
22) Vanderbilt linebacker Archibald Barnes plans to be a big time player this year for the Commodores defense.
23) Missouri is continuing to have injuries on their offensive line and having redshirt and true freshmen fill in.
24) Brian VanGorder is instilling a new defense and a new attitude for the maligned Auburn defense.
25) Don Kausler takes a look at Bama corner back Deion Belue.
26) Dak Prescott is prepping as if he will be the starting quarterback as he tries to overtake Tyler Russell for Mississippi State.
27) Ole Miss is still having trouble adjusting to Hugh Freeze's new offense.
28) Texas A&M returned to practice Monday after taking off Sunday. Robert Cessna has the update from practice.
29) LSU's Tharold Simon is looking to improve his interception total from last year.
30) Steve Spurrier is confident in Connor Shaw as his starting quarterback.
31) Arkansas linebacker Tenarius Wright was shaken up after a collision with running back Knile Davis yesterday at practice.