Friday, August 10, 2012
Morning Links for August 10th
Good Morning! I hoe you know that yesterday was 21 days away from the first games of the season! Here are links to get your morning started as well as a link to my Oklahoma column yesterday.
1) The Penn State Board of Trustees will ratify the consent decree on Sunday that binds them to the NCAA punishment handed down for the Sandusky scandal.
2) Lane Kiffin voted USC number one in the coaches' poll after saying he wouldn't do so to the media on multiple occasions.
3) Bobby Petrino appeared on ESPN yesterday and apologized for his behavior that led to Arkansas firing him.
4) Alabama freshman wide receiver Chris Black is going to have shoulder surgery and be out 3 to 4 months.
5) The Tennessee Volunteers are going on a road trip for the next week to Milligan College as the football team moves into their new offices and operations into the new football training center.
6) ESPN continues counting down their preseason top 25 with #10-6.
7) Washington running back Deontae Cooper tore his ACL for the third time and has still not played a game at the collegiate level.
8) Clemson athletic director Terry Don Phillips will be stepping down at the end of July 2013. Phillips has been one of Dabo Swinney's biggest supporter.
9) Dennis Dodd continues his previews of all conferences by looking at the independents. While he mainly focuses on the Notre Dame quarterback race, he does look at BYU, Army, and Navy.
10) Penn State tight end Dakota Royer has decided to give up football but still get his degree from Penn State.
11) UCLA head coach Jim Mora, Jr. is having to say that his comments about murders near campus are not a shot a USC.
12) CBS Sports is breaking down the contenders for the BCS title and look at LSU and FSU.
13) A Florida high school coach is questioning the recruiting tactics of Alabama since Darius Paige transferred to an Alabama high school.
14) Mike Huguenin continues his preseason countdown of all 124 FBS schools with #8 South Carolina and #7 Michigan State.
15) Oklahoma State defensive tackle Christian Littlehead has been charged with assault and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
16) At the start of this season, there will be 28 new head coaches at the 124 FBS schools.
17) Sports Illustrated has released their preseason All-American team and there are no real shocks on it.
18) Andy Staples looks at 15 impact freshmen this year in the FBS.
19) Fox Sports continues their preseason countdown with #2 Oklahoma.
20) James Franklin is turning heads nationally with his successful recruiting at Vanderbilt.
21) Steve Greenberg does a mailbag and tackles multiple topics including a prediction for the Alabama/Michigan game.
22) Jacob Bunn previews LSU and Alabama this week on his website.
23) While the Florida quarterback battle is getting most of the attention, the battle for the starting corner back positions is just as competitive.
24) Georgia's running back depth chart looks to be set after the morning practice yesterday.
25) Missouri has sold out their season tickets for the first time in school history. It's looking as if the move to the SEC is going to pay off big dividends.
26) Kentucky's freshman quarterback Patrick Towles is causing quite a quandary for head coach Joker Phillips. Should Joker burn Towles redshirt or should he let Towles sit while Joke struggles to keep his job?
27) Brian VanGorder says that the Auburn defense is starting to improve and grasp his new system.
28) Josh Robinson looks to act like a bowling ball for Mississippi State this year when he gets the ball.
29) Dehendrent Collins has been moved to the Husky position and is using his speed to help out the Rebels' defense.