Friday, August 3, 2012
Morning Links for August 3rd
Good morning! Here are the links for today and we are now 27 days away from the first games kicking off and because of that it's a mega-sized morning links!
1) The USA Todays Coaches' Poll came out yesterday and LSU is #1 and Alabama is #2. USC was voted #3 but this poll was voted on before Silas Redd transferred.
2) Bret Bielema says that Montee Ball will not be ready for camp after suffering a concussion from a street fight.
3) ESPN has released their class rankings for the 2013 recruiting class and USC is still #1.
4) Dennis Dodd previews the SEC and tells college football fans to expect more domination from the SEC. He also says that George O'Leary and the UCF President should lose their jobs over the recent scandal.
5) Bill O'Brien said that he would not recruit Penn State players if he was a coach at another school. This comes after the Penn State kicker Anthony Fera said he was transferring to Texas.
6) Oklahoma State's starting left tackle Michael Bowie has been dismissed for violating team rules.
7) The Arkansas State Trooper who dumped the marijuana during the Michael Dyer traffic stop has been fired.
8) Suspended Michigan defensive end Frank Clark waived his right to a preliminary hearing and will go to court on September 11th. He is still suspended from the team.
9) Mike Huguenin continues his preseason countdown of all 124 FBS teams with #15 West Virginia.
10) Montee Ball refuted the claim that he was assaulted in retaliation for an earlier fight.
11) The Second Mile is calling off an internal investigation because they're about to go out of business after the Sandusky scandal.
12) Georgia right tackle Kolton Houston will continue to be suspended for a positive drug test. The positive results stems from a steroid he took after shoulder surgery two years ago.
13) Stewart Mandel sits down with USC quarterback Matt Barkley. I highly suggest reading this piece.
14) The NCAA may be adopting harsher punishments for schools that severely violate NCAA rules.
15) Kirk Ferentz is now the Big Ten coach with the longest tenure and Jesse Temple chronicles that journey.
16) Florida quarterbacks Jacoby Brisset and Jeff Driskel are squaring off to win the starting job and the Gainesville Sun is your source for the battle.
17) South Carolina opens practice today and all eyes will be fixed on the legs of Marcus Lattimore.
18) Jeff Schultz looks at the difficulty Georgia will have in replacing Isaiah Crowell.
19) Derek Dooley says that he wants his players to, "Feel comfortable beinguncomfortable."
20) It's Jordan Rogers show to run at Vanderbilt according to David Climer.
21) Kentucky offensive coordinator Randy Sanders is expecting more from his offense after a disappointing 2011.
22) Big name recruit Dorial Green-Beckham took the field for the first time yesterday and all eyes are going to watch this freshman.
23) Alabama starts their first practice today and Nick Saban wants to make sure that his team, "Will get addicted to success."
24) Auburn's tailback race is starting to shape up and Onterrio McCalebb and Tre Mason look to replace the departed Michael Dyer.
25) Dan Mullen says that retention from the spring is the key for Mississippi State as they enter practice.
26) Ole Miss is awaiting the clearance of two key freshmen for academic issues as they begin today.
27) The Times-Picayune has a multitude of links on LSU.
28) Arkansas held their first practice yesterday and it was hot.
29) Texas A&M open up practice today and they think their conditioning will help them win the games they lost last year.