Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Morning Links for August 14th
Computer issues seem to have been worked out so here we go with Morning Links!
1) Gene Wojciechowski is looking forward to the college football season so we can put this offseason behind us.
2) After the mini-scandal of USC Head Coach Lane Kiffin voting for USC when he said he wouldn't, he has decided to relinquish his vote in the USA Today Coaches' Poll.
3) Tyran Mathieu is mulling a return to LSU.
4) CBS Sports has released their preseason top 30 and the top three are the favorites to win the BCS.
5) Penn State has received an accreditation warning from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and may lose their accreditation.
6) Tony Barnhart says that not only is Tyran Mathieu to blame for his failures, but the system as well.
7) Bruce Feldman does a college football mail bag that talks about a very long longshot for Heisman.
8) Dennis Dodd looks at Terry Bowden's new job at Akron.
9) Mike Huguenin continues his preseason countdown of all 124 FBS schools with #7 Michigan State, #6 Michigan, #5 Oklahoma, and #4 Oregon. He also lists the top ten players in college football and top ten offensive backfields.
10) Stewart Mandel looks at five teams that could end the SEC's streak of BCS Championships.
11) Florida Head Coach Will Muschamp said that the first scrimmage was a positive one for the Gators.
12) Georgia began classes yesterday and starting quarterback Aaron Murray will begin graduate school.
13) Demarco Robinson looks to have more of an impact for the Kentucky Wildcats this year from his wide receiver position.
14) After watching the scrimmage film from Saturday, Tennessee Head Coach Derek Dooley is still impressed and feeling well after the Vols' first scrimmage.
15) Vandy's defensive coordinator Bob Shoop was not pleased with his defense after the Commodores' first scrimmage but feels they can fix the problems.
16) After looking at South Carolina's scrimmage, the Gamecocks have a lot to look forward to offensively this season.
17) Missouri's defense looked very good in their first scrimmage this past Saturday.
18) Auburn is having eligibility issues with current freshmen JaQuay Williams and Jovon Robinson as well as having the NCAA investigating the recruitment of Reuben Foster.
19) Here are some scrimmage notes from Alabama's scrimmage this past Saturday.
20) Mississippi State Linebacker Deontae Skinner looks to improve on his performances from the 2011 season.
21) Ole Miss needs their receivers to step up if Hugh Freeze's offense is going to take hold this season in Oxford.
22) Texas A&M's receiving corps does not look to be missing the departed Ryan Swope after watching the first scrimmage.
23) Arkansas is going to be inexperienced at the safety position this season and the young players are having to learn on the job.
24) Departed LSU defender Tyran Mathieu will announce his decision on where he's transferring Wednesday and says the ESPN report of him trying to stay at LSU is false.