Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Morning Links for August 1st
Good morning! Sorry about the technical difficulties yesterday but the bug with my computer should be worked out now and I'll be able to start the SEC West Preview and another column today for you. Here are the morning links for you!
1) To the surprise of no one, Silas Redd transferred to USC yesterday.
2) Over 200 Penn State alumni gathered at the indoor facility and talked to the current players about their experiences and time at Penn State.
3) Big East Media Day was yesterday and Louisville was picked to win the title.
4) Notre Dame quarterback Tommy Rees will be suspended for the season opener against Navy in Dublin, Ireland. This is a result of his arrest on May 3rd that stems from an off-campus party.
5) CBSSports.com had revealed their all-conference teams for the SEC, Pac 12, Big Ten, Big XII, ACC, WAC, Big East, Sun Belt, Mountain West, Conference USA, and MAC.
6) Jerry Palm released his preseason bowl projections and has LSU playing USC for the title.
7) UCF was hit with a one year bowl ban and Dennis Dodd writes that South Alabama could become bowl eligible.
8) Dennis Dodd also writes that the crazy styles of uniform need to stop.
9) South Carolina backup quarterback Tanner McEvoy was arrested for speeding and underage drinking in North Carolina. He has been suspended from the team indefinitely.
10) Mike Huguenin continues his preseason countdown of all 124 FBS schools with #17 Stanford.
11) Rivals.com looks at which freshmen will have an impact on the Big 12 this year.
12) A fun SEC piece was written by John Zenor on the contenders for the BCS this year.
13) Stewart Mandel writes about how the college kickers today are better than ever and gives 7 kickers to watch.
14) Hugh Freeze pulled a scholarship from Georgia high school linebacker Mario Mathis because they didn't like the way he was healing from his ACL surgery.
15) The Sporting News unveiled their preseason top 25 and their all-american offensive and defensive teams.
16) Scott Smith takes a look at the new Big East and its future.
17) FSU has dismissed corner back Greg Reid from the team.