Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Morning Links for July 31st
Good morning! Here are some links to get your morning going as well as a link to yesterday's column.
Yesterday, I continued on with my preseason countdown with #5 Oregon.
1) Silas Redd looks to be leaning towards a transfer to USC according to ESPN's Joe Schad.
2) The first transfer from Penn State was safety Tim Buckley who went to N.C. State.
3) The second ranked running back in the nation according to ESPN Greg Bryant, has decommitted from Oklahoma. Bryant has recently taken visits to Auburn and South Carolina and still has Oklahoma listed as one of his schools.
4) Penn State has planted trees at the Joe Paterno statue site.
5) Tony Barnhart talks about five things he's learned about the SEC this year.
6) Gregg Doyel wrote a great piece on the blind devotion of many Penn State fans to Joe Paterno despite all that has come out.
7) Ohio State freshman running back Bri'onte Dunn has been charged with marijuana possession and looks to be suspended.
8) Mike Huguenin continues his preseason countdown of all 124 FBS schools with #18 Oklahoma State.
9) Chris Nee breaks down the breakout performers from the 7-on-7 Gridiron Kings camp this past weekend.
10) Texas reports to camp on Sunday and the quarterback controversy will be heating up.
11) The Sporting News conducted a survey of the top 102 recruits of 2013 on what it was like to be recruited by a big time college football program.
12) Charles Goldberg has 5 burning questions for Auburn as they enter camp.
13) Missouri's James Franklin's health is among the big questions for Missouri as they enter camp tomorrow.
14) Don Kausler, Jr. looks at 5 questions for Alabama as they enter fall camp tomorrow.
15) Pat Dooley takes a look at the new rules that go into effect for the 2012 college football season .
16) Georgia also reports this week and for wide receiver Tavarres King, it can't get here fast enough.
17) CBS Sports announced their preseason All-Americans and Alabama has 3 offensive linemen on the first team offense and LSU has 3 players on the first team defense.
18) In Dennis Dodd's latest column, he says that the 2012 season features lots of rebirths in college football and gives his preseason Top 25.