Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Morning Links for July 18th
Good morning! Here are some links to get your morning started with a heavy emphasis on SEC Media Days. I've also included a link to yesterday's column on West Virginia, my #7 team in my preseason countdown.
1) Mark Schlabach takes a look at Day 1 of the SEC Media Days and has a nice little blurb about Vanderbilt running back Zac Stacy.
2) Mike Slive's opening address referenced the Freeh Report and said that schools cannot let one individual, "Derail the soul of the institution."
3) Brett McMurphy looks at Missouri and says that this year will be a rude awakening for the Tigers.
4) Bruce Feldman wrote a good piece on Texas A&M and their new head coach Kevin Sumlin.
5) Dennis Dodd reviews the Old Ball Coach and says that Spurrier may not be pushing people's buttons but he's still just as good a coach.
6) Mr. College Football Tony Barnhart reviews Mike Slive's speech and agrees that college football needs to keeps its moral center during these hard times.
7) Zach Dillard gives his thoughts on the first day of SEC Media Days.
8) Pat Dooley wrote about Spurrier's swagger returning at South Carolina.
9) Unlike last year, James Franklin was noticed at SEC Media Days and Jeff Lockridge took note.
10) Another good piece on James Franklin was written by Marquavius Burnett for the Birmingham News.
11) Andy Staples notes that the left tackles for Missouri and Texas A&M are going to have their hands full in the SEC.
12) Marcus Lattimore is expected to be back to 100 percent according to head coach Steve Spurrier.
13) Mike Huguenin continues his countdown of all 124 FBS teams with #31 Kansas State and Jacob Bunn takes a look at the Vanderbilt squad.
14) Dan Wetzel writes that the NCAA should grant waivers to all Penn State players that want to transfer after the Sandusky scandal.
15) FSU's Head Coach Jimbo Fisher has instituted a twitter ban for his players.
16) Penn State Officials are going to rule on what to do with the Joe Paterno statue in the next 7 to10 days.