Thursday, July 26, 2012
Morning Links for July 26th
Good morning! Here are some links to get your day going as well as a link to my column from yesterday!
Make sure you follow me on twitter for all the latest on sports throughout the day.
Yesterday, I started my conference previews with the ACC.
1) Mark Schlabach does another piece on Bill O'Brien and the challenges he faces for the next few years.
2) Penn State quarterback Matt McGloin has decided to stay at Penn State.
3) Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray was not charged with vandalism after offering to pay for the damages done to care while he was drunk.
4) Tony Barnhart thinks that the NCAA took the wrong route to the right decision with Penn State.
5) Gregg Doyel is impressed with the Penn State players that are staying despite never getting to play in a postseason for the rest of their careers.
6) Bill O'Brien has received a four-year extension through 2020 as a result of the NCAA sanctions.
7) Wisconsin will now be replacing 4 offensive linemen heading into fall camp since Casey Dehn is leaving the team.
8) Idaho and New Mexico State are looking to find a conference home after the Mountain West has told them no.
9) Mike Huguenin continues his preseason countdown of all 124 FBS schools with #24 Boise State and #23 Georgia Tech.
10) Penn State faced the death penalty if they had fought the NCAA's punishment according to Jeff Eisenberg.
11) Arkansas is promoting Knile Davis and Tyler Wislon hard for a Heisman trophy.
12) Conference USA wrapped up their media days and the only thing that stays the same in C-USA is massive amount of turnover.
13) Andy Staples writes that if a Penn State player chooses to stay or transfer, there is no bad decision.
14) Joey Harrington and Eddie George will join Erin Andrews on the Fox College Football pregame show.
15) Jesse Temple looks at 12 questions for the Big Ten.
16) AL.com is breaking down the positions for Alabama and Auburn. Here is the link to Alabama's wide receivers and tight ends breakdown and here is the link to Auburn's defensive backs.
17) The esteemed Pat Dooley thinks that Florida's season will come down to the play of their quarterbacks.
18) Les Miles is looking forward to the new season and wants to put that disappointing 2011 season behind him.